1701 - Pay Warrants
- Accounting Officers
- Employee Relations Officers
- Personnel Officers
- Personnel Transactions Supervisors
- Provides information on the confidentiality of pay warrants and direct deposit advice slips.
- Provides for departments to take steps to prevent unauthorized access of pay warrants and direct deposit advice slips.
This policy provides information on the confidentiality of pay warrants and direct deposit advice slips.
Pursuant to the Budget Act of 2016, section 11.11, the Department of Human Resources (CalHR) is required to advise all departments, boards, offices, and other agencies and entities of state government of the requirements to ensure the confidentiality of pay warrants and direct deposit advices.
In order to protect the privacy of state employees and ensure the security of the payment of public funds, all departments, boards, offices, and other agencies and entities of the state shall distribute pay warrants and direct deposit advices to employees in a manner that ensures that personal and confidential information contained on the warrants and direct deposit advices is protected from unauthorized access. CalHR asks that all departments review their current practices and, if needed, take the necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access of pay warrants and direct deposit advices.
- PML 2000-019: PML 2000-019 - 3/28/2000 - Security of Pay Warrants and Direct Deposit Advice
- Senate Bill No. 826, chapter23 : Budget bill
Personnel Services Branch
Personnel Program Consultant, Personnel Services Branch
Chief, Personnel Management Division